Friday 29 July 2016

Disappointed by Knee, The world #3 Roger Federer

At this time when everyone is looking forward to see the cut-throat competition among players across the world at the Rio Olympics scheduled to start on 5th August, Tennis lost its jam when came the news about the Swiss Tennis Player, Roger Federer missing the Rio olympics because of the knee injury. Surgery and Rehabilitation thereafter for the knee injury has called for cutting the season for the man with whom most people recognise the game of Tennis. 


Roger suffered from the injury in January this year tearing the meniscus of his left knee but has been still active since april and was competing against Milos Raonic (Canada) at the wimbledon semi-finals recently when he fell because of the knee at the end of the match.

Roger scored a gold at 2008 Beijing Olympics in the doubles match teaming up with Stan Wawrinka. This year however, he is missing the Rio olympics and the rest of his season to recover and is planning on returning stronger to catch up with the ATP world tour next season.

He explained his situation in a post on his facebook page saying - 

"I have made the very difficult decision to call an end to my 2016 season as I need more extensive rehabilitation following my knee surgery earlier this year."

"The doctors advised that if I want to play on the ATP World Tour injury free for another few years, as I intend to do, I must give my knee and body the proper time to fully recover."

"I am as motivated as ever and plan to put all my energy towards coming back strong, healthy and in shape to play attacking tennis in 2017."


No comments:

Post a Comment